Friedman Award for Scholars in Health + Information Session Announcement
The Friedman Award for Scholars in Health is open to any UBC graduate student or medical resident studying in the area of health. ‘Health’ is interpreted very broadly, and includes health promotion and disease prevention, mental health research, laboratory sciences related to medicine or health, public health, health services research, or any area intended to impact human health.
Information Session – Sign up here for the Friedman Award Info Session, details are listed below:
Date: Wednesday, January 24, 2018
Time: 2:00 to 3:30 PM (PST)
- UBC Point Grey Location (Live) – Life Sciences Centre (2350 Health Sciences Mall), Room 1312 (LSC 1312)
- UBC Okanagan Location (Video Conference) – Reichwald Health Sciences Centre, Room 129 (RHS 129)
- Paul’s Hospital (Video Conference) – St. Paul’s Hospital 4/5 (SPH 4/5)
- Vancouver General Hospital (Video Conference) – Jim Pattison Pavilion, Room 3414 (JPPN 3414)
About the Friedman Award for Scholars in Health
The Friedman Award for Scholars in Health supports learning and research opportunities for graduate students or medical residents working in the broad area of health, to bring new perspectives to their education and further their career.
- Award Value: Awards of up to $50,000 each will be granted for six or more months of study. Award amount will be at the discretion of the adjudication committee. Each recipient of a Friedman Award will be designated a “Friedman Scholar”.
- Application Deadline: 4:00 PM on Friday, February 23, 2018
For further information about this award opportunity, please visit: https://www.grad.ubc.ca/awards/friedman-award-scholars-health
Please contact Junnie Cheung with any questions or concerns at email@example.com.