UBC Chemical and Biological Engineering
2360 East Mall, Vancouver, V6T 1Z3
Please join us for a day of expert training on some of Elsevier’s most important Engineering and Science related databases. All training sessions will be held in Chemical and Biological Engineering building. Room details are listed as follows. RSVP: Please click the hyperlinks below to register. Light refreshments will be provided.
|10:00am – 10:50am||Compendex (Ei Village)||CHBE 202|
|11:00am – 11:50am||Knovel||CHBE 202|
|11:00am – 11:50am||Compendex (Ei Village)||CHBE 204|
|2:00pm – 2:50pm||Knovel||CHBE 202|
Compendex (Engineering Village) is the broadest and most complete Engineering literature database available. It provides a truly holistic and global view of peer reviewed and indexed publications with over 20 million records from 77 countries across 190 Engineering disciplines. Compendex indexes content in a wide range of formats, with records dating from 1884 to the present, and provides direct links to UofA Libraries full text holdings.
- An overview of Compendex/INSPEC Databases on Engineering Village platform
- Understand how to easily navigateand search on Engineering Village and get the quick, reliable answers you need to complete projects
- Demonstration of different type of searches and uses of the Facets to refine your results.
- Understanding the Thesaurus hierarchy and how to navigate it.
- Learn the value of a personalized EV that will give you the capability of save personal information, searches and set alarms.
Knovel contains over 7,000 full text reference works and textbooks in 35 Engineering-related subject areas, and is an indispensable problem-solving tool for both undergraduate and graduate Engineering students. It includes more than 120,000 interactive tables, equation plotters, charts and graphs that can be manipulated and exported into other tools such as Excel. This session will include a demonstration of Knovel’s new Material Properties Search and Data Analytics.
- An overview of Knovel’s Subject Areas and Premium Content that are part of UBC’s subscription.
- Understand how to easily navigate and search Knovel and get the quick, reliable answers you need to complete projects
- Demonstration of the Interactive Tools that help you use and apply the data you find.
- Learn the value of a personalized Knovel that will give you the MyKnovel capability
Note: To enhance your overall experience, each participant is encouraged to bring their own laptops to these sessions.