B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D. (University of Trento, Italy), Postdoctoral Fellowship (University of California, Santa Barbara), Member of ASME.
- Multi-scale mechanics of materials and optimal design
- Contact mechanics
Current Research Work
- Optimal design of bio-inspired dry adhesives
- M. Bacca, R.M. McMeeking, “A viscoelastic constitutive law for hydrogels,” Meccanica, pp. 1–11, 2017.
- M. Bacca, N.A. Fleck, R.M. McMeeking “A swell toughening strategy for elastomers having surface cracks,” Extreme Mechanics Letters, vol. 10, pp. 32–40, 2017.
- M. Bacca, J.A. Booth, K.L. Turner, R.M. McMeeking, “Load sharing in bioinspired fibrillar adhesives with backing layer interactions and interfacial misalignment,” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, vol. 96, pp. 428–444, 2016.
- M. Bacca, R.M. McMeeking, “Latent heat saturation in microstructural evolution by severe plastic deformation,” International Journal of Plasticity, vol. 83, pp. 74–89.
- M. Bacca, D. R. Hayhurst, R. M. McMeeking, “Continuous dynamic recrystallization during severe plastic deformation,” Mechanics of Materials, vol. 90, pp. 148-156, 2015.