Murray R. Hodgson
Professor; Director, NSERC CREATE Sustainable Building Science Program
B.Sc. (Queen’s); M.Sc., Ph.D. (Southampton); C.Eng., FASA
- Architectural, environmental acoustics
- Prediction, measurement techniques
- Active, passive noise control
- Optimal workroom, classroom design
- Acoustical design of ‘green’ buildings
Current Research Work
- Optimization of the performance of vegetated noise barriers; Exposure of teachers and students to noise and airborne hazards in school Tech. Ed. shops; Factors affecting indoor environmental quality in sustainably-designed buildings; Optimal design of natural-ventilation-opening silencers; Sound-absorptive CLT panels using Helmholtz resonators
- B. Yousefzadeh and M. Hodgson, “Beam-tracing prediction of room-acoustical parameters using different boundary conditions”, J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 132(3), 1450-1461, 2012.
- A. Khaleghi, K. Bartlett and M. Hodgson, “Ventilation, indoor-air quality and acoustical quality in ‘green’ and non-’green’ buildings”, J. Green Build. Res., 6(4), 168-180, 2011.
- C. Bibby and M. Hodgson, “Characterizing and improving the acoustical performance of profiled architectural surfaces”, Appl. Acoust., 72(11), 889-898, 2011.
- M. Hodgson, “Evaluation and control of acoustical environments in ‘green’ (sustainable) buildings”, Can. Acoust., 39(1), 11-21, 2011 – invited paper.
- M. Hodgson and G. Wong, “Ray-tracing prediction of optimum conditions for speech in classrooms”, Appl. Acoust., 70(7), 915-920, 2009.
- H. W. Davies, K. Teschke, S. M. Kennedy, M. R. Hodgson, and P. A. Demers, “A retrospective assessment of occupational noise exposures for a longitudinal epidemiological study,” Occupational and environmental medicine, vol. 66, no. 6, pp. 388–394, 2009.
Refer to Google Scholar for more publications