Murray R. Hodgson
Professor; Director, NSERC CREATE Sustainable Building Science Program
B.Sc. (Queen’s); M.Sc., Ph.D. (Southampton); C.Eng., FASA
- Architectural, environmental acoustics
- Prediction, measurement techniques
- Active, passive noise control
- Optimal workroom, classroom design
- Acoustical design of ‘green’ buildings
Current Research Work
- Optimization of the performance of vegetated noise barriers; Exposure of teachers and students to noise and airborne hazards in school Tech. Ed. shops; Factors affecting indoor environmental quality in sustainably-designed buildings; Optimal design of natural-ventilation-opening silencers; Sound-absorptive CLT panels using Helmholtz resonators
- C. Bibby and M. Hodgson, “Laboratory measurement of the acoustical and airflow performance of interior natural-ventilation openings and silencers,” Applied Acoustics, vol. 82, pp. 15–22, 2014.
- C. Bibby and M. Hodgson, “Acoustical and Airflow Performance of Interior Natural Ventilation Openings and Silencers-Optimisation and Application,” International Journal of Ventilation, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 211–222, 2013.
- B. Yousefzadeh and M. Hodgson, “Beam-tracing prediction of room-acoustical parameters using different boundary conditions”, J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 132(3), 1450-1461, 2012.
- A. Khaleghi, K. Bartlett and M. Hodgson, “Ventilation, indoor-air quality and acoustical quality in ‘green’ and non-’green’ buildings”, J. Green Build. Res., 6(4), 168-180, 2011.
- C. Bibby and M. Hodgson, “Characterizing and improving the acoustical performance of profiled architectural surfaces”, Appl. Acoust., 72(11), 889-898, 2011.
- M. Hodgson, “Evaluation and control of acoustical environments in ‘green’ (sustainable) buildings”, Can. Acoust., 39(1), 11-21, 2011 – invited paper.
- M. Hodgson and G. Wong, “Ray-tracing prediction of optimum conditions for speech in classrooms”, Appl. Acoust., 70(7), 915-920, 2009.
- H. W. Davies, K. Teschke, S. M. Kennedy, M. R. Hodgson, and P. A. Demers, “A retrospective assessment of occupational noise exposures for a longitudinal epidemiological study,” Occupational and environmental medicine, vol. 66, no. 6, pp. 388–394, 2009.
- H. W. Davies, K. Teschke, S. M. Kennedy, M. R. Hodgson, and P. A. Demers, “Occupational noise exposure and hearing protector use in Canadian lumber mills,” Journal of occupational and environmental hygiene, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 32–41, 2008.
Refer to Google Scholar for more publications