Professor and Director ICICSP.Eng., B.A.Sc. (UBC), M.Eng. (McGill), Ph.D. (Cambridge)
|website:||Robotics and Control Laboratory|
- Biomedical Engineering
- Medical Imaging
- Medical Information Systems
Current Research Work
- In medical imaging, I am developing new acquisition techniques for ultrasound with the goal of improving diagnostics. Two current research directions in this area are 3D ultrasound and spatial compounding to improve the visualization of anatomy and pathology.
- In medical information systems, I am working with industry to improve the timely dissemination of digital medical images and associated data to health care providers. In particular I am currently working on new methods for radiologists to navigate large image sets. This is in response to the growing size of studies produced by modern scanners.
- Finally, I have an interest in the calibration of robotic systems and their application in surgery.
- S. Nagpal, I. Hacihaliloglu, T. Ungi, A. Rasoulian, J. Osborn, V. A. Lessoway, R. N. Rohling, D. P. Borschneck, P. Abolmaesumi, and P. Mousavi, “A global CT to US registration of the lumbar spine,” in SPIE Medical Imaging, 2014, p. 90362O–90362O.
- A. Rasoulian, J. Osborn, S. Sojoudi, S. Nouranian, V. A. Lessoway, R. N. Rohling, and P. Abolmaesumi, “A System for Ultrasound-Guided Spinal Injections: A Feasibility Study,” in Information Processing in Computer-Assisted Interventions, Springer, 2014, pp. 90–99.
- A. Rasoulian, R. N. Rohling, and P. Abolmaesumi, “Automatic labeling and segmentation of vertebrae in CT images,” in SPIE Medical Imaging, 2014, pp. 903623–903623.
- H. Eskandari, A. Baghani, S. E. Salcudean, and R. N. Rohling, Bandpass sampling for elastography. Google Patents, 2014.
- S. Nagpal, P. Abolmaesumi, A. Rasoulian, T. Ungi, I. Hacihaliloglu, J. Osborn, D. P. Borschneck, V. A. Lessoway, R. N. Rohling, and P. Mousavi, “CT to US Registration of the Lumbar Spine: A Clinical Feasibility Study,” in Information Processing in Computer-Assisted Interventions, Springer, 2014, pp. 108–117.
- A. Suzani, A. Rasoulian, S. Fels, R. N. Rohling, and P. Abolmaesumi, “Semi-automatic segmentation of vertebral bodies in volumetric MR images using a statistical shape+ pose model,” in SPIE Medical Imaging, 2014, p. 90360P–90360P.
- N. Uniyal, H. Eskandari, P. Abolmaesumi, S. Sojoudi, P. Gordon, L. Warren, R. N. Rohling, S. E. Salcudean, and M. Moradi, “Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada,” in Ultrasonics Symposium (IUS), 2013 IEEE International, 2013, pp. 96–99.
- H. Eskandari, S. E. Salcudean, and R. N. Rohling, Method and apparatus for determining viscoelastic parameters in tissue. Google Patents, 2013.
- M. C. Yip, D. G. Lowe, S. E. Salcudean, R. N. Rohling, and C. Y. Nguan, “Tissue tracking and registration for image-guided surgery,” Medical Imaging, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 31, no. 11, pp. 2169–2182, 2012.
- I. Hacihaliloglu, R. Abugharbieh, A. J. Hodgson, R. N. Rohling, and P. Guy, “Automatic bone localization and fracture detection from volumetric ultrasound images using 3-d local phase features,” Ultrasound in medicine & biology, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 128–144, 2012.