UBC Affiliated Fellowships-Master’s
The UBC Affiliated Fellowships Master’s competition runs in concert with the Canada Graduate Scholarships-Master’s (CGS-M; see below) competition. Approximately 50 fellowship with values ranging from $175 to $16,000 are offered through this competition. Current and prospective full-time UBC graduate students can apply regardless of citizenship or visa status.
Detailed Affiliated Fellowships-Master competition information with links to application and reference forms is available at: https://www.grad.ubc.ca/awards/affiliated-fellowships-masters-program
Note that students who are eligible for NSERC CGS-M must submit a CGS-M application instead. Students who submit an NSERC application are eligible for open Affiliated Fellowships and do not need to submit a separate Affiliated Fellowships application, instead students should submit this checklist to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadlines for Affiliated Fellowships Master’s Competitions
- Application deadline to email@example.com: 5 PM on Monday, 2 December 2019
Tri-Agency Canada Graduate Scholarships-Master’s (CGS-M)
Applicants for Tri-Agency CGS-M competition must be domestic students (citizen or PR) who are applying for or enrolled in graduate studies anywhere in Canada. Each applicant can apply to up to 3 universities with the same application. To be considered for a CGS-M at UBC, they must select The University of British Columbia as one of the 3 available institutions.
Details about this award opportunity, including eligibility and evaluation criteria, are available at http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Students-Etudiants/PG-CS/CGSM-BESCM_eng.asp and our site at https://www.grad.ubc.ca/awards/canada-graduate-scholarships-masters-cgs-m-program
Students who apply for CGS-M awards will automatically be considered for open Affiliated Fellowships. To be considered for criteria-based affiliated fellowship, students should also fill out and submit the checklist available at https://www.grad.ubc.ca/forms/list-criteria-based-affiliated-fellowships to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UBC Deadlines for the Tri-Agency CGS-M
- Application deadline to NSERC Portal: 5 PM on Monday, 2 December 2019
Tips for submitting an NSERC CGS-M application:
- The importance of the deadline – CGSM applications cannot be submitted or edited after the application deadline. The portal has crashed around the deadline a couple of years ago because too many students were submitting at the last minute. Submitting earlier (even on the day) will help.
- Ask for reference letters early and send the instructions to referees http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/ResearchPortal-PortailDeRecherche/Instructions-Instructions/CGSM_REF-BESCM_REF_eng.asp
- Order official transcripts for all previous studies (including transfer credits).
- It would be great if applicants used the same email as their portal login as in eVision or SIS. This is absolutely not a requirement, but it helps route the applications to correct programs quicker.