Call for Applications: Tri-Agency Canada Graduate Scholarships-Master’s (CGS-M)
Applicants for Tri-Agency CGS-M competition must be domestic students (Canadian citizen or PR) who are applying for or enrolled in graduate studies anywhere in Canada. Each applicant can select up to 3 universities with the same application. To be considered for a CGS-M at UBC, they must select The University of British Columbia as one of the 3 available institutions.
Students who apply for CGS-M awards will automatically be considered for open/un-restricted Affiliated Fellowships. To be considered for criteria-based Affiliated Fellowships, students should fill out and submit to their graduate programs the checklist available at https://www.grad.ubc.ca/forms/list-criteria-based-affiliated-fellowships.
Application deadline: December 1, 2020 by 5:00pm PST
Details about this award opportunity, including eligibility and evaluation criteria, are available at http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Students-Etudiants/PG-CS/CGSM-BESCM_eng.asp and our website at https://www.grad.ubc.ca/awards/canada-graduate-scholarships-masters-cgs-m-program.
- CGS-M applications cannot be submitted or edited after the application deadline. Late applications will be ruled ineligible. The CGS-M application deadline is set nationally by the CGS-M funding agency and is not flexible.
- We encourage students to ask for reference letters early and to send the instructions to their referees http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/ResearchPortal-PortailDeRecherche/Instructions-Instructions/CGSM_REF-BESCM_REF_eng.asp.
- Please check early if you have all official transcripts for all previous studies (including transfer credits). Transcript guidance for applicants is outlined on CGS-M webpage.
- Although the SISC academic history document is accepted for UBC CGS-M applications, it may not be accepted by other universities in Canada, so students applying elsewhere in addition to UBC should order official UBC transcripts.
- It would help us greatly if applicants use the same email in their CGS-M Research Portal login as in eVision or SIS. This is absolutely not a requirement, but it helps route the applications to correct programs quicker after the application deadline.