Tri-Agency Canada Graduate Scholarships-Doctoral (CGS-D)
Applicants applying through UBC will either be:
- currently registered in, or are on an approved leave of absence from, a degree program at UBC
- not currently registered in but was registered at any other time during the year of application (2021) in a degree program at UBC
If a student is not sure where to submit their application, they can consult the CGSD chart “Where should I submit my application?”
Applications will be submitted via each of the agency platforms. The application portals are now open and applicants may begin preparing their applications.
- CIHR: Online Application System (application instructions)
- NSERC: Online Application System (application instructions)
- SSHRC: Online Application System (application instructions)
For detailed application instructions, nomination, and adjudication procedures that are specific to UBC, please visit: https://www.grad.ubc.ca/awards/canada-graduate-scholarships-doctoral-cgs-d-program. The UBC webpage includes guidance for applicants on transcripts.
UBC Affiliated Fellowships – Doctoral competition
The UBC Affiliated Fellowships doctoral competition runs in concert with the university-adjudicated Tri-Agency Canada Graduate Scholarships-Doctoral (CGS-D) competition. Students who submit an NSERC, SSHRC, or CIHR doctoral award application are eligible for “unrestricted” Affiliated Fellowships and do not need to submit a separate Affiliated Fellowships application. To be considered for “criteria-based” affiliated fellowship(s), students must submit this checklist to their graduate program by the application deadline.
Those applying only for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship must submit a separate and complete Affiliated Fellowships application in order to be considered for the Affiliated.
Affiliated Fellowship competition information and application/reference forms are available at: https://www.grad.ubc.ca/awards/affiliated-fellowships-doctoral-program.
UBC Deadlines for the Tri-Agency CGSD / Affiliated Fellowships Doctoral Competitions
- Applicant deadline: 12:00 PM (noon) PDT on Tuesday, 14 September 2021