Schmidt Science Fellowships
The Schmidt Science Fellows program provides the world’s best emerging scientists with new skills and perspectives to develop novel solutions to society’s challenges, become scientific and societal thought leaders, and accelerate ground-breaking discoveries. The program is looking for the brightest minds in the natural sciences, mathematics, engineering, and computing who are interested in broadening their horizons.
- Value: $100,000 USD/year stipend up to two years, a Global Meeting Series and personalized mentoring program
- Application deadline to email@example.com: by 8:00 AM on Thursday, March 23, 2023
- Must have completed, or expect to complete, all the requirements for the conferral of their UBC PhD, including a successful defense, between 1 June 2023 and 30 July 2024. Please note that prospective UBC students are not eligible for nomination.
- Have conducted their graduate degree in the natural sciences (Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Earth Sciences), Engineering, Mathematics, or Computing – and all sub-disciplines therein
- Be available for the entire period of the 2024 program, from July 2024 to September 2025 including attendance of the Global Meeting Series (whether virtual or in person, as conditions allow, and including additional virtual programming).
- CV, including publications
- A brief description of your PhD research
- Personal Statement
- Fellowship Research Proposal
- Options for placement
- One letter of support
Further information and the complete application procedures is available at: https://www.grad.ubc.ca/awards/schmidt-science-fellowships. If you have any questions, please reach out to Bree Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and cc email@example.com.