P.Eng., Tier 2 CRC in Microfluidics and Sensing Technology, M.Sc. (TU Darmstadt, Germany), M.Sc. (EC Lyon, France), Ph.D. (UC Berkeley)
- Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS)
- Microflow Phenomena
- Sensor technology
- Integrated microsystems for biomedical applications and for environmental control
Current Research Work
- Flow Control in Microfluidic Devices
- Complex Microflows
- Biomedical Sensor Applications
- Sensors for Environmental Control
- Strain and Pressure Sensors
MEMS Design, Fabrication and Application:
- Microoptical Systems
- M. Jalaal, B. Stoeber, N.J. Balmforth, “Spreading of viscoplastic droplets,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 2021.
- L. Wu, P. Shrestha, M. Iapichino, Y. Cai, B. Kim, B. Stoeber, “Characterization Method for Calculating Diffusion Coefficient of Drug from Microneedles into The Skin,” Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology, 2021.
- S. A. Ranamukhaarachchi, B. Stoeber, “Determining the factors affecting dynamic insertion of microneedles into skin,” Biomedical Microdevices, vol. 23, no. 1, 2021.
- Microneedling in Clinical Practice”, CRC press, edited by B. Stoeber, R.K. Sivamani and H.I. Maibach, 2020.
- P. Shrestha, B. Stoeber, “Imaging fluid injections into soft biological tissue to extract permeability model parameters,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 32, art. 011905, 2020.
- S. Konishi, B. Stoeber, S. Honda, “Pneumatic balloon actuator control through integrated microvalves using thermally responsive fluids”, Sensors and Actuators: A Physical, vol. 286, pp. 178-182, 2019.