Professor and Associate Head, Teaching
P.Eng., Tier 2 CRC in Microfluidics and Sensing Technology, M.Sc. (TU Darmstadt, Germany), M.Sc. (EC Lyon, France), Ph.D. (UC Berkeley)
- Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS)
- Microflow Phenomena
- Sensor technology
- Integrated microsystems for biomedical applications and for environmental control
Current Research Work
- Flow Control in Microfluidic Devices
- Complex Microflows
- Biomedical Sensor Applications
- Sensors for Environmental Control
- Strain and Pressure Sensors
MEMS Design, Fabrication and Application:
- Microoptical Systems
- S. Konishi, B. Stoeber, S. Honda, “Pneumatic balloon actuator control through integrated microvalves using thermally responsive fluids,” Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, 286, pp.178-182, 2019.
- P. Shrestha, B. Stoeber, “Fluid absorption by skin tissue during intradermal injections through hollow microneedles,” Scientific reports, 8(1), p.13749, 2018.
- A.F. Forughi, S. Green, B. Stoeber, “Effect of dryer fabric structure on the performance of contact paper drying,” Drying Technology, pp.1-10, 2018.
- A.F. Forughi, A. Kong, B. Stoeber, S.I. Green, “Through air drying of paper—the effect of dryer fabric,” Drying Technology, pp.1-11, 2018.
- P. Shrestha, B. Stoeber, “Real-time visualization of fluid absorption by skin tissue following injection using optical coherence tomography,” Bulletin of the American Physical Society.
- N. Patil, B. Stoeber, “Particle Deposition Patterns from the Evaporation of a Sessile Droplet Containing Bi-Dispersed Colloidal Particles,” Bulletin of the American Physical Society, 2018.
- W. Yan, X. Jin, H.S. Park, A. Le Blanc, H. Abdollahi, B. Stoeber, and J.F. Holzman, “Integration and Application of Microlens Arrays Within Heads-Up Displays,” IEEE Photonics Journal, 10(6), pp.1-10, 2018.
- C. Penner, C. Duzenli, S. O’Keeffe, B. Stoeber, C. Hoehr, “A Novel Plastic Optical Fibre-Based Scintillator Detector’s Response in Neutron Irradiation up to 400 MeV,” In 2018 IEEE SENSORS (pp. 1-4). IEEE, 2018.
- P. Shrestha, B. Stoeber, “Mechanics of Microneedle-Based Fluid Injection into Skin Tissue,” In 2018 IEEE 12th International Conference on Nano/Molecular Medicine and Engineering (NANOMED) (pp. 95-99). IEEE, 2018.
- A.F. Forughi, B. Stoeber, S.I. Green, “Transparency Measurement of Thin Films with One-Side Optical Access Using Fluorescence Imaging”, Applied Optics, vol. 56, no. 12, pp. 3359-3364, 2017.
- M. Jalaal, G. Cottrell, N. Balmforth, B. Stoeber, “On the Rheology of Pluronic F127 Aqueous Solutions,” Journal of Rheology, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 139-146, 2017.
- V. Bazargan, B. Stoeber, “Effect of substrate conductivity on the evaporation of small sessile droplets,” Physical Review E, vol. 94, no. 3, art. no. 033103, 2016.
- S.A. Ranamukhaarachchi, S. Lehnert, S.L. Ranamukhaarachchi, L. Sprenger, T. Schneider, I. Mansoor, K. Rai, U.O. Häfeli, B. Stoeber, “A Micromechanical Comparison of Human and Porcine Skin Before and After Preservation by Freezing for Medical Device Development,” Scientific Reports, vol. 6, no. 32074, 2016.
- C. Sielmann, V. Siller, K. Walus, B. Stoeber, “Acid-Free Electrochemical Chromium Etch and Release of Nanoscale Gold Films,” Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 701-707, 2016.
- S.A. Ranamukhaarachchi, C. Padeste, M. Dübner, U.O. Häfeli, B. Stoeber, V.J. Cadarso, “Integrated hollow microneedle-optofluidic biosensor for therapeutic drug monitoring of vancomycin in sub-nanoliter volumes of biological fluids”, Scientific Reports, vol. 6, art.no. 29075, 2016.
- S.K. Mahadeva, K. Walus, B. Stoeber, “Flexible and Robust Hybrid Paper with Large Piezoelectric Coefficient,” Journal of Materials Chemistry C, vol. 4, no. 7, pp. 1448-1453, 2016.
- B. Mustin, B. Stoeber, “On the effect of velocity gradients on the depth of correlation in micro PIV,” Measurement Science and Technology, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 035302, 2016.
- B. Mustin, B. Stoeber, “Single layer deposition of polystyrene particles onto planar Polydimethylsiloxane substrates,” Langmuir, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 88-101, 2016.
- H.S. Park, R. Hoskinson, H. Abdollahi, and B. Stoeber, “Compact near-eye display system using a superlens-based microlens array magnifier,” Optics Express, vol. 23, no. 24, pp. 30618-33, 2015.