P.Eng; B.Sc. (Sharif Univ. of Tech., Tehran); M.Sc., Ph.D., (Manc.); Life Fellow, ASME; Life Fellow, I. Manf; Fellow, EIC; Fellow, CSME; Fellow, Engineers Canada; Senior Member, IEEE
- Mechanical systems automation
- Analysis, modeling, simulation, and control of production, service and electromechanical systems
- Manufacturing processes
- Industrial Engineering
Current Research Work
- Fault detection, localization, and diagnosis in sensor/actuator systems
- Planning and scheduling of operations
- Nasir, V., Cool, J., and Sassani, F., “Acoustic Emission Monitoring of Sawing Process: Artificial Intelligence Approach for Optimal Sensory Feature Selection”, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 102, issue 9-12, 2019.
- Nasir, V., Cool, J., and Sassani, F., “Intelligent Machining Monitoring using Sound Signal Processed with the Wavelet Method and a Self-Organizing Neural Network”, IEEE Robotics and Automation, vol. 4, issue 4, 2019.
- Hosseini, M. H. Kashani, F. Sassani, A. Milani, F.K. Ko, “Identifying the Distinct Shear Wrinkling Behavior of Woven Composite Preforms under Bias Extension and Picture Frame Tests”, Composite Structures, vol. 185, 2018.
- Hejazi, A.S. Phani, J. Gagnon, Y. Hsiang, and F. Sassani, “Deformation Characteristics of Venous Stents: A Comparative Assessment”, Journal of Vascular Surgery, vol. 68, issue 3, 2018.
- H. Kashani, A. Hosseini, F. Sassani, F.K. Ko, A. Milani, “The Role of Intra-Yarn Shear in Integrated Multi-Scale Deformation Analyses of Woven Fabrics: A Critical Review”, Critical Reviews in Solid State and Material Sciences, vol. 43. Issue 3, 2017.
- Hosseini, M. H. Kashani, F. Sassani, A. Milani, F. K. Ko., “A Mesoscopic Analytical Model to Predict the Onset of Wrinkling in Plain Woven Preforms under Bias Extension Shear Deformation”, Materials, vol. 10, issue 10, 2017.
- Taiebat, M., Sassani, F. “Distinguishing Sensor Faults from System Faults by Utilizing Minimum Sensor Redundancy”, Transactions of the Canadian Society for Mechanical Engineering, vol. 41, no. 3, 2017.
- H. Kashani, A. Hosseini, F. Sassani, F.K. Ko, A. Milani, “Understanding Different Types of Coupling in Mechanical Behavior of Woven Fabric Reinforcements: A Critical Review and Analysis”, Composite Structures, vol. 179, 2017.
- Farajollahi, M., Usgaocar, A., Dobashi, Y., Woehling, V., Plesse, C., Vidal, F., Sassani, F., and Madden, JDW., “Non-linear Two-Dimensional Transmission Line Models for Electrochemically Driven Conducting Polymer Actuators”, IEEE/ASME Transaction on Mechatronics, vol. 22, issue 2, 2017.
- Farajollahi, M., Sassani, F., Naserifar, N., Fannir, A., Plesse C., Nguyen, GTM., Vidal, F., and Madden, JDW., “Characterization and Dynamic Charge Dependent Modeling of Conducting Polymer Trilayer Bending”, Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 25, no. 11, 2016.
- Farajollahi, M., Woehling, V., Plesse, C., Nguyen, G. TM., Vidal, F., Sassani, F., Yang, VDX., and Madden, JDW., “Self-contained Tubular Bending Actuator Driven by Conducting Polymers”, Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, vol. 249, 2016.
- Einafshar, A., Razavi, B., Sassani, F., “Integrated Reconfiguration of Multi-satellite Network Communication Using Colored Petri Nets”, Integrated Systems: Innovations and Applications, Springer, pp 3-28, 2015.
- Razavi, B., Einafshar, A., Sassani, F., “Decision Analysis Model for Optimal Aircraft Engine Maintenance Policies Using Discrete Event Simulation”, Integrated Systems: Innovations and Applications, Springer, pp 69-87, 2015.
- Khan, F., Stoeber, B. and Sassani, F., “Modeling of Linear Micro Electromagnetic Energy Harvesters with Nonuniform Magnetic Field for Sinusoidal Vibrations”, Microsystem Technologies, vol. 21, issue 3, 2015.
- Yip, E. Kwok, F. Sassani, R. Jackson, and G. Cundiff, “A Biomechanical Model to Assess the Contribution of Pelvic Musculature Weakness to the Development of Stress Urinary Incontinence,” Computer methods in biomechanics and biomedical engineering, vol. 17, no. 2, 2014.
- Khan, B. Stoeber, and F. Sassani, “Modeling and Simulation of Linear and Nonlinear MEMS Scale Electromagnetic Energy Harvesters for Random Vibration Environments,” The Scientific World Journal, 2014.
- F Khan, F Sassani, B Stoeber, “Nonlinear Behaviour of Membrane Type Electromagnetic Energy Harvester Under Harmonic and Random Vibrations”, Microsystem Technologies, vol. 20, issue 7, 2014.
- Karafi, M. R., Hojjat, Y., Sassani, F., and Ghodsi, M., “A Novel Magnetostrictive Torsional Resonant Transducer”, Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, vol. 195, 2013.
- Karafi, R., Hojjat, Y., Sassani, F., “A New Hybrid Longitudinal-Torsional Magnetostrictive Ultrasonic Transducer”, Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 22, no. 6, 2013.
- Farrokh Sassani, “Industrial Engineering Foundations – Bridging the Gap between Engineering and Management”,Mercury Learning and Information, 2017.