MOHAMMED A. HANNAN
B.Sc. (BUET, Bangladesh), Ph.D. (National University of Singapore), Member ASME, IEB, RINA
- Ocean Technology
- Computational Engineering
Current Research Work
- Renewable Energy and Sustainability in Engineering Design.
- Ship and Offshore System Design and Optimization.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics.
- Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence in Marine Technology.
- T. Tahzib, M. A. Hannan, A. Y A, and I. Z. M. Kamal, “Performance Analysis of H-Darrieus Wind Turbine with NACA0018 and S1046 Aerofoils: Impact of Blade Angle and TSR,” CFD letters, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 10–23, 2022.
- N. Mehtaj, S. S. Dipto, N. M. G. Zakaria, Z. I. Awal, M. A. Hannan, and A. K. Dev, “A Techno-Economic Study On Ship Recycling Practices In Bangladesh: From Safety Perspective,” 3rd International Conference on the Decommissioning of Offshore & Subsea Structures, DECOM, Aberdeen UK. 2022.
- A. A. Haripriyono, Y. A. Ahmed, and M. A. Hannan, “Impact of Wind-Assisted Technologies on Resistance and Stability of Commercial Ship,” CFD Letters, vol. 13, no. 11, pp. 95–115, 2021.
- Y. A. Ahmed, M. A. Hannan, M. Y. Oraby, and A. Maimun, “COLREGs Compliant Fuzzy-Based Collision Avoidance System for Multiple Ship Encounters,” Journal of Marine Science and Engineering, vol. 9, no. 8, p. 790, 2021.
- L. J. An and M. A. Hannan, “Design of Breakwaters to Minimize Greenwater Loading on Bow Structures of Fixed Floating Vessels,” Fluids, vol. 6, no. 6, 2021.
- M. Ramasamy, M. A. Hannan, Y. A. Ahmed, and A. K. Dev, “ANN-Based Decision Making in Station Keeping for Geotechnical Drilling Vessel,” Journal of Marine Science and Engineering, vol. 9, no. 6, p. 596, 2021.
- M. A. Hannan, Y. A. Ahmed, N. D. B. Zaid, and I. Z. M. Kamal, “Performance Characteristics of Horizontal Axis Tidal Turbine with Tidal Current Interaction,” 5th International Conference on Advanced Technology and Applied Sciences. 2021.
- R. Asgarov, D. MacLaren, M. A. Hannan, and P. Khandelwal, “A Sustainable, Integrated Multi-Level Floating Farm Concept: Singapore Perspective,” Preprints doi: 10.20944/preprints202011.0181.v1. 2021.
- Y. A. Ahmed, M. A. Hannan, and K. H. Siang, “Artificial Neural Network controller for automatic ship berthing: challenges and opportunities,” Marine Systems & Ocean Technology, vol. 15, pp. 217–242, 2020.
- A. Y. Adnan, M. A. Hannan, and M. K. Iwan, “Intelligent Control for Ship Manoeuvering,” J. Adv. Res. Applied Mech, vol. 67, pp. 1–9, 2020.
- A. Razzak, S. Akter, and M. A. Hannan, “The influence of wavy vortex in reducing the wall shear stress,” in IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 788, no. doi:10.1088/1757-899X/788/1/012093. 2020.
- Md. M. U. Ishtiaque, P. Saha, A. Sutradhar, M. Galib, and M. A. Hannan, “A sustainable approach to improve the efficiency of earth pipe cooling system,” International Journal of Sustainable Engineering, 2020.
- Y. A. Ahmed, I. Z. M. Kamal, and M. A. Hannan, “An Artificial Neural Network Controller for Course Changing Manoeuvring,” International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE), vol. 8, no. 12, pp. 10–35940, 2019.
- N. I. B. Ariffin and M. A. Hannan, “Wingsail technology as a sustainable alternative to fossil fuel,” 5th International Conference on Mechanical Engineering Research. 2019.
- Y. A. Ahmed, M. A. Hannan, and I. M. Kamal, “Optimising Ship Manoeuvring in Narrow Waterways Under Wind Disturbances,” in International Conference on Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, 2018.
- A. Ahmed, M. A. al Maruf, A. K. Dev, and M. A. Hannan, “Preliminary Analytical Formulation of Ice-Floater Interactions Including the Effect of Wave Load,” in International Conference on Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, 2018.
- P. Saha, M. Galib, Md. M.-U. Ishtiaque, S. R. Akanda, and M. A. Hannan, “Numerical Study on Improving the Efficiency of the Earth Pipe Cooling System” in International Conference on Civil & Environmental Engineering (ICCEE 2018), 2018.
- M. A. Razzak, S. Akter, B. Aravind, and M. A. Hannan, “Drag Reduction Using Microcavity on Flat Surface,” Offshore Technology Conference Asia. 2018.
- X. Liu, R.M. Allan, W. Bai, M.A. Hannan et al. “Two elastically coupled cylinders in combined wave-current flows,” International Workshop on Water Waves and Floating Bodies (IWWWFB). 2017.
- M. A. Hannan and W. Bai, “Analysis of nonlinear dynamics of fully submerged payload hanging from offshore crane vessel,” Ocean Engineering, vol. 128, pp. 132–146, 2016.
- A. Ahmed, M. A. Hannan, X. Qian, and B. Wei, “Hydrodynamic Interaction of Ice Sheet and a Floating Platform,” in ASME 2016 35th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering, 2016.
- M. A. Hannan et al., “Motion Analysis of TAD and TLP Platforms Operating Side by Side,” in ASME 2016 35th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering, 2016.
- A. Ahmed and M. A. Hannan, “Parametric study on the multi-body hydrodynamics interaction of level ice and a semi-submersible,” in First International Conference on Advances in Civil Infrastructure and Construction Materials, 2015.
- M. A. Hannan and W. Bai, “Nonlinear hydrodynamic responses of submerged moving payload in vicinity of a crane barge in waves,” Marine Structures, vol. 41, pp. 154–179, 2015.
- W. Bai, M. A. Hannan, and K. K. Ang, “Numerical simulation of fully nonlinear wave interaction with submerged structures: Fixed or subjected to constrained motion,” Journal of Fluids and Structures, vol. 49, pp. 534–553, 2014.
- M. A. Hannan, W. Bai, and K. K. Ang, “Modeling of fully nonlinear wave radiation by submerged moving structures using the higher order boundary element method,” Journal of Marine Science and Application, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 2014.
For a full list of publications, visit my profile on: