Professor of Teaching
B.A.Sc., Ph.D. (University of British Columbia), Member ASEE, CEEA, EGAD, STLHE
- Aerodynamics of sport
- General aerodynamics
- APSC 100 & 101 – Introduction to Engineering I and II
- MECH 223 – Introduction to Mechanical Design
- MECH 426 – Mechanical Design II
- NAME 566 – Ship Dynamics and Control
- Team-Based Learning
- Active learning
- Outcomes-based assessment
- Team dynamics
- P. Ostafichuk, G. Tembrevilla, S. Nesbit, S., N. and Ellis, “Developing Metacognition in First Year Students through Interactive Online Videos,” ASEE 2020 Conference, June 2020.
- P. Ostafichuk, M. Malakoutian, and M. Khalili, “Examining Gender and Nationality Bias in Decision-Making by Engineering Student Teams,” CEEA 2020 Conference, June 2020.
- Q. Golsteyn and P. Ostafichuk, “Assessing and Tracking Student Wellbeing in First Year Engineering at a Large Canadian University,” CEEA 2020 Conference, June 2020.
- L. Brownlie, L., C. Bailey, J. Carbo, D. Judelson, P. Ostafichuk, J. Allison, and D. and Riva, “Measurement and visualization of airflow through sports textiles,” ISEA 2020 Conference, Tokyo, Japan.
- J. Veselin, D. Creelman, P. Ostafichuk, et al., “Experiencing failure in the classroom and across the university,” International Journal for Academic Development, 2020.
- P. Ostafichuk, C. Naylor, and J. Sibley, “Self-bias and Gender-bias in Student Peer Evaluation: An Expanded Study,” CEEA 2019 Conference, Ottawa, June 2019.
- P. Ostafichuk, D. Sommer, and C. Jaeger, “A Cornerstone Design Module in First Year Engineering,” CEEA 2018 Conference, Vancouver, June, 2018.
- S. Mattucci, J. Sibley, J. Nakane, and P. Ostafichuk, “A Model to Develop Peer Feedback Skills in First-Year Engineering Students,” CEEA 2017 Conference, Toronto, June 2017.
- P. Ostafichuk and C. Jaeger, “How First Year Engineering Students Select Their Specialization and How We Can Better Support Them,” CEEA 2017 Conference, Toronto, June 2017.
- P. Ostafichuk and C. Jaeger, “Power of Peers: Experiences Using an Online Peer Assessment Tool to Grade Student Work,” CEEA 2017 Conference, Toronto, June 2017.
- N. Ellis, S. Nesbit, P. Ostafichuk, and J. Sibley, “A Sustainability Retrofit of Engineering Undergraduate Education – Phase 2,” 8th EESD 2016, Sept 2016.