Professor of Teaching, Patrick Campbell Chair in Engineering Design
B.A.Sc., Ph.D. (University of British Columbia), P.Eng., FEC, Member ASEE, CEEA-ACÉG, EGAD, STLHE
- Teaching innovation
- Team dynamics
- Student well-being
- Aerodynamics of sport
- APSC 100 & 101 – Introduction to Engineering I and II
- APSC 366 – The Art of the Possible: Engineering for Non-Engineers
- MECH 328 – Mechanical Engineering Design Project
- Chair of First Year Engineering
- Board of Directors (President 2022-2023) Canadian Engineering Education Association
- Chair of the Institute for Engineering Teaching
- Engineering Graduate Attributes Development Project
- P. Ostafichuk and C. Jaeger, Introduction to Engineering: A Guide to Professional Practice in Canada (book), Oxford University Press, 2022, ISBN 978-0190160852.
- S. Nesbit, N. Ellis, G. Tembrevilla, and P. Ostafichuk, “Developing Transdisciplinarity in First Year Engineering,” Journal of Engineering Education, December 23, 2022.
- P. Ostafichuk, M. Tse, J. Power, C. Jaeger, and J. Nakane., “Remote Learning Impacts on Student Wellbeing,” CEEA 2021 Annual Conference, June 2021.
- G. Tembrevilla, S. Nesbit, N. Ellis, and P. Ostafichuk, “First-year engineering students’ experiences and perceptions viewed through the lens of transdisciplinary knowledge and threshold concepts,” ASEE 2021 Annual Conference, June 2021.
- P. Ostafichuk, G. Tembrevilla, S. Nesbit, S., N. and Ellis, “Developing Metacognition in First Year Students through Interactive Online Videos,” ASEE 2020 Conference, June 2020.
- P. Ostafichuk, M. Malakoutian, and M. Khalili, “Examining Gender and Nationality Bias in Decision-Making by Engineering Student Teams,” CEEA 2020 Conference, June 2020.
- Q. Golsteyn and P. Ostafichuk, “Assessing and Tracking Student Wellbeing in First Year Engineering at a Large Canadian University,” CEEA 2020 Conference, June 2020.
- L. Brownlie, L., C. Bailey, J. Carbo, D. Judelson, P. Ostafichuk, J. Allison, and D. and Riva, “Measurement and visualization of airflow through sports textiles,” ISEA 2020 Conference, Tokyo, Japan.
- J. Veselin, D. Creelman, P. Ostafichuk, et al., “Experiencing failure in the classroom and across the university,” International Journal for Academic Development, 2020.
- P. Ostafichuk, M. Fengler, and A. Hodgson, The Engineering Design Process: An Introduction for Mechanical Engineers (book), Amazon KDP, 2018, ISBN 978-0992058739.