PPhys., PEng., B.Sc. (Trent University), M.A.Sc. (Victoria), Ph.D. (Victoria)
- Sustainable energy systems
- Fuel cells
- H. Talebian, O. Herrera, W. Mérida. “Policy Effectiveness on Emissions and Cost Reduction for Hydrogen Supply Chains: The Case for British Columbia” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 46(1), 998-1011 (2021).
- M. Schröder, Z. Abdin, W. Mérida. “Optimization of a grid-connected, photovoltaic microgrid for electric vehicle charging and hydrogen production.” Applied Energy 277, 115562 (2020)
- J. Speirs, P. Balcombe, P. Blomerus, M. Stettler, P. Achurra-Gonzalez, M. Woo, D. Ainalis, J. Cooper, A. Sharafian, W. Mérida, D. Crow, S Giarola, N. Shah, N. Brandon, A. Hawkes. “Natural gas fuel and greenhouse gas emissions in trucks and ships.” Progress in Energy 2, 012002 (2020).
- J. A. Fernández, O. E. Herrera, W. Mérida. “Impact of an Electrified Parkade on the Built Environment: An Unsupervised Learning Approach.” Transportation Research Part D 78(C), 102199 (2020).
- J. A. Diaz Real, P. Elsaesser, T. Holm, W. Mérida. “Electrochemical reduction on nanostructured TiO2 for enhanced photocatalytic activity.” Electrochimica Acta 329, 135162 (2020).
- A. Fernández, O. E. Herrera, and W. Mérida, (2019)“Impact of an Electrified Parkade on the Built Environment: An Unsupervised Learning Approach.”Transportation Research Part D 78(C), 102199 (2020).
- Abdin, A. Zafaranloo, A. Rafiee, W. Mérida, W. Lipinski, K.R. Khalilpour.“A review of hydrogen as an energy vector.” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 120, 109620 (2020.)
- Z. Wang, A. Sharafian, and W. Mérida. “Non-equilibrium thermodynamic model for liquefied natural gas storage tanks.” Energy 190, 116412 (2020.)
- A. Diaz Real, P. Elsaesser, T. Holm, W. Mérida, “Electrochemical reduction on nanostructured TiO2 for enhanced photocatalytic activity.” Electrochimica Acta 329, 135162 (2020.)
- Nguyen, Z. Abdin, T. Holm, W. Mérida “Grid-connected electrolytic hydrogen production via large-scale water electrolysis.” Energy Conversion and Management 200, 112108 (2019.)
- Talebian, O. Herrera, W. Mérida, “Spatial and Temporal Optimization of Hydrogen Fuel Supply Chain for Light Duty Passenger Vehicles in British Columbia.” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 44(47), 25939-25956 (2019.)
- Sharafian, P. Blomerus, and W. Mérida, (2019) “Liquefied natural gas tanker truck-to-tank transfer for on-road transportation,” Applied Thermal Engineering, 162, 114313 (2019.)
- H. Kung, P. K. Sow, B. Zahiri, W. Mérida. “Assessment and interpretation of surface wettability based on sessile droplet contact angle measurement: challenges and opportunities.” Advanced Materials Interfaces 6(16), 1900839 (2019.)
- Abdin, W. Mérida (2019), “Hybrid energy systems for off-grid power supply and hydrogen production based on renewable energy: A techno-economic analysis”, Energy Conversion and Management, 196, 1068-1079 (2019).
- Sharma, T. Holm, J. A. Diaz Real, W. Mérida, “Experimental Verification of Pore Impedance Theory: Drilled Graphite Electrodes with Gradually More Complex Pore Size Distribution”, Electrochimica Acta 317, 528-541 (2019.)
- Sharafian, P. Blomerus, and W. Mérida, (2019) “Natural gas as a ship fuel: Assessment of greenhouse gas and pollution reduction potential,” Energy Policy, 131, 332-346 (2019.)
- Holm, J. A. Diaz Real, W. Mérida. “Numerical modeling of complex collection efficiency for double channel electrodes.” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry 842, 115-126 (2019.)
- Sharafian, R. Asaee, O.E. Herrera, and W. Mérida. “Liquefied natural gas fuel in heavy-duty vehicles: Examples in Canada and British Columbia,” Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, 69, 123-140 (2019).
- Lopez-Behara, M. Tran, J. R. Mayaud, T. Froese, O. Herrera, W. Mérida. “Putting electric vehicles on the map: A policy agenda for residential charging infrastructure in Canada.” Energy Research & Social Science, 50, 29-37 (2019.)
- Lopez-Behara, M. Tran, T. Froese, J. Mayaud, O. Herrera, and W. Mérida. “Charging infrastructure for electric vehicles in Multi-Unit Residential Buildings: Mapping feedbacks and policy recommendations.” Energy Policy, 126, 444-451 (2019.)
- Perera, K. Hewage, M. Shahria Alama, W. Mérida, R. Sadiq. “Scenario-based economic and environmental analysis of clean energy incentives for households in Canada: Multi-criteria decision-making approach.” Journal of Cleaner Production 198, 170-186 (2018.)
- Zahiri, A. Hill, R. M. Felix, C. H. Kung, T. Sharma, J. D. Real, W. Mérida, “Through-Plane Wettability Tuning of Fibrous Carbon Layers via O2 Plasma Treatment for Enhanced Water Management.” Applied Surface Science, 458, 32-42 (2018)
- H. Kung, B. Zahiri, P.K. Sow, W. Mérida. “Electrochemical Wettability Control on Cu/CuxO Core-Shell Dendrites: In-Situ Droplet Modulation and On-Demand Oil-Water Separation.” Materials Research Society Advances, 3(53), 3163-3169 (2018.)
- H. Kung, B. Zahiri, P.K. Sow, W. Mérida. “On-demand oil water separation via low-voltage wettability switching of core-shell structures on copper substrates.” Applied Surface Science, 444, 15-27 (2018.)
- R. Asaee, A. Sharafian, O.E. Herrera, P. Blomerus, and W. Mérida. “Housing Stock in Cold-Climate Countries: Conversion Challenges for Net Zero Emission Buildings” Applied Energy, 217, 88-100 (2018.)
- Talebian, O. Herrera, M. Tran, W. Mérida, “Electrification of Road Freight Transport: Policy Implications in British Columbia”, Energy Policy, Energy Policy 115, 109-118 (2018.)
- A. Escalante, T. Mithrush, A. Bassama, and W. Mérida. “A sensitivity analysis to determine technical and economic feasibility of energy storage systems implementation: a flow battery case study.” Renewable Energy 115, 547-557 (2018.)