P.Eng., Tier 2 CRC in Microfluidics and Sensing Technology, M.Sc. (TU Darmstadt, Germany), M.Sc. (EC Lyon, France), Ph.D. (UC Berkeley)
- Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS)
- Microflow Phenomena
- Sensor technology
- Integrated microsystems for biomedical applications and for environmental control
Current Research Work
- Flow Control in Microfluidic Devices
- Complex Microflows
- Biomedical Sensor Applications
- Sensors for Environmental Control
- Strain and Pressure Sensors
MEMS Design, Fabrication and Application:
- Microoptical Systems
- C. Sielmann, J. Berring, S. Mahadeva, J. R. Busch, K. Walus, and B. Stoeber, “8 All-Polymer Flexural Plate Wave Devices,” Technologies for Smart Sensors and Sensor Fusion, p. 125, 2014.
- M. Jalaal and B. Stoeber, “Controlled spreading of thermo-responsive droplets,” Soft matter, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 808–812, 2014.
- S. K. Mahadeva, K. Walus, and B. Stoeber, “Fabrication and testing of piezoelectric hybrid paper for MEMS applications,” in Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS), 2014 IEEE 27th International Conference on, 2014, pp. 620–623.
- F. Khan, B. Stoeber, and F. Sassani, “Modeling and Simulation of Linear and Nonlinear MEMS Scale Electromagnetic Energy Harvesters for Random Vibration Environments,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2014, 2014.
- S. K. Mahadeva, K. Walus, and B. Stoeber, “Piezoelectric Paper Fabricated via Nanostructured Barium titanate Functionalization of Wood Cellulose Fibers,” ACS applied materials & interfaces, 2014.
- T. Meiss, R. Wertschutzky, and B. Stoeber, “Rapid prototyping of resistive MEMS sensing devices on paper substrates,” in Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS), 2014 IEEE 27th International Conference on, 2014, pp. 536–539.
- M. Jalaal and B. Stoeber, “Disintegration of a Round Liquid Jet due to Impact on a Superhydrophobic Surface,” Bulletin of the American Physical Society, vol. 58, 2013.
- M. Jalaal, E. Cheng, A. Ahmadi, K. Cheung, and B. Stoeber, “Fluid Flow in Cell Printing,” Bulletin of the American Physical Society, vol. 58, 2013.
- F. Khan, F. Sassani, and B. Stoeber, “Nonlinear behaviour of membrane type electromagnetic energy harvester under harmonic and random vibrations,” Microsystem Technologies, pp. 1–13, 2013.