Professor of TeachingB.A.Sc., Ph.D. (University of British Columbia), Member ASEE, ASME, CEEA, EGAD, STLHE
- Aerodynamics of sport
- General aerodynamics
- APSC 100 & 101 – Introduction to Engineering I and II
- MECH 223 – Introduction to Mechanical Design
- MECH 326 – Mechanical Design II
- NAME 566 – Ship Dynamics and Control
- Team-Based Learning
- Active learning
- Outcomes-based assessment
- Team dynamics
- P. Ostafichuk and C. Jaeger, “How First Year Engineering Students Select Their Specialization and How We Can Better Support Them,” CEEA 2017, June, 2017.
- P. Ostafichuk and C. Jaeger, “Power of Peers: Experiences Using an Online Peer Assessment Tool to Grade Student Work,” CEEA 2017, June 2017.
- N. Ellis, S. Nesbit, P. Ostafichuk, and J. Sibley, “A Sustainability Retrofit of Engineering Undergraduate Education – Phase 2,” 8th EESD 2016, Sept 2016.
- L. Brownlie, Y. Aihara, J. Carbo Jr., E. Harber, R. Henry, I. Ilcheva, S. Sokolowskib, and P. Ostafichuk, “The use of vortex generators to reduce the aerodynamic drag of athletic apparel,” 11th conference of the International Sports Engineering Association, ISEA 2016, July 2016.
- P. Ostafichuk and C. Jaeger, “Using an Online Marking System for a Large Class Environment,” CEEA 2016, June 2016.
- P. Ostafichuk, C. Jaeger, J. Nakane, S. Nesbit, N. Ellis, and J. Sibley, “Redesigning the UBC First Year Introduction to Engineering: Successes and Challenges,” CEEA 2016, June 2016.
- P. Ostafichuk, A. d’Entremont, J. Sibley, and N. Shirzad, “Gender and Personality Type Influence in Peer Evaluation,” ASEE 2015, June 2015.
- D. Salvatore, N. Ellis, S. Nesbit, and P. Ostafichuk, “Embedding Sustainability Principles into Engineering Education,” EESD 2015, June 2015.
- P. Ostafichuk, N. Shirzad, A. d’Entremont, S. Mattucci, and C. Naylor, “Factors Influencing Conflict Management Style in Engineering Teamwork,” CEEA 2015, June 2015.
- P. Ostafichuk, S. Mattucci, A. d’Entremont, N. Shirzad, and C. Naylor, “Self-Perception Differences Based on Gender and Personality Type in Team Projects,” CEEA 2015, June 2015.