Professor of Teaching
B.A. (Kharkiv, Ukraine), Candidate of Philological Sciences (Ukraine), Ph. D. (Simon Fraser Univ., Canada); Member of ASEE, IEEE, NCTE, CASDW
- Rhetoric and Composition
- Genre and Discourse Studies
- Writing Research across Borders
- Transformative Learning Theory
- APSC 176 – Engineering Communication
- APSC 201 – Technical Communication
- ENGL 112 – Strategies for University Writing
- ENGL 301 – Technical Writing
- ENGL 304 – Advanced Composition
- MECH 226 – Technical Communication for Mechanical Engineers
- MECH 575C – Topics in Mechanical Engineering: Scholarly Communication for Graduate Students
- MTRL 398 – Engineering Report
- TCC Graduation Course – English Grammar and Thesis Writing
- Engineering Communication
- Intercultural Communication
- Critical Pedagogy in Engineering Education
- Sustainable Development in Higher Education
- Emerging Communication Technologies
- J. Reilly and T. Teslenko, “Enhancing ESD through the Master of Clean Energy Engineering Co-op Program: A Canadian Case-study,” in Leal Filho, W. (Ed.). Transformative Approaches to Sustainable Development at Universities: Working Across Disciplines, Springer Verlag, Berlin, 2014.
- T. Teslenko, “Developing a communication module on copyright for Canadian engineering students,” in Professional Communication Conference (IPCC), 2013 IEEE International, 2013, pp. 1–5.
- T. Teslenko and E. Qi, “Preparing future statisticians to communicate the data,” in Professional Communication Conference (IPCC), 2013 IEEE International, 2013, pp. 1–6.
- T. Teslenko, “Using Sustainability in the Integrative Training of Engineering Students in Canada.” In Leal Filho, W. (Ed.) Sustainable Development at Universities: New Horizons. Ch. 13. Peter Lang Scientific Publishers, Frankfurt, 2012, pp. 159-168.
- T. Teslenko and E. Qi, “Work in progress: Integrating writing instruction in engineering courses,” in Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE), 2012, pp. 1–3.
- B. Dunwoody, P. J. Cramond, S. E. Nesbit, C. S. Peterson, and T. N. Teslenko, Fundamental competencies for engineers. Oxford University Press, 2006.
- T. Teslenko, Feminist Utopian Novels of the 1970s: Joanna Russ and Dorothy Bryant. Routledge, 2003.
- R. Coe, L. Lingard, and T. Teslenko, “Genre as action, strategy, and difference: An introduction,” The rhetoric and ideology of genre: Strategies for stability and change, pp. 1–10, 2002.
- T. Teslenko, “Ideology and Genre: Heteroglossia of Soviet Genre Theories,” The Rhetoric and Ideology of Genre: Strategies for Stability and Change, p. 321, 2002.
- T. Teslenko, Genre as Strategy: Feminist Utopian Discourse of the 1970s. 2002.