BEng (UPB, Romania), PhD (INP Grenoble, France), Postdoctoral Fellowship (McGill University)
ph: (604) 822-6710
fx: (604) 822-2403
lab website: www.faculty.mech.ubc.ca/~dgrecov
- Liquid crystals and nanomaterials
- Multiphase flow
- Biofluid Mechanics
- Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Rheology and Tribology
Current Research Work
- Rheology of liquid crystalline materials
- Modeling and simulation of complex fluid and nanomaterial flows
- Design and characterization of new high performance bio- lubricants
- Modeling and simulation of industrial processes
- Hydrodynamics and rheological characterization of synovial fluid
- Hemodynamics assessment of artificial heart valves
- N. Noroozi and D. Grecov “Flow Modeling and Rheological Characterization of Nematic Liquid Crystals Between Concentric Cylinders”, on line, Liquid Crystals, 2013.
- P. Bhuanantanondh, D. Grecov and E. Kwok, “Rheological Study of Viscosupplements and Synovial Fluid in Patients with Osteoarthritis”, Journal of Medical and Biological Engineering,32, (1), 12-18, 2012.
- P. Darabi, K. Pougatch, M. Salcudean and D. Grecov, “DEM Investigations of fluidized beds in presence of liquid coating”, Powder Technology, 214 (3), 365-374, 2011
- P. Bhuanantanondh, D Grecov, E Kwok and P Guy,” Rheology of Osteoarthritic Synovial Fluid Mixed with Viscosupplements: A Pilot Study”, Biomedical Engineering Letters, 1 (4), 213-219, 2011.
- K.Liu and D. Grecov, “Rheological and flow modeling of viscoelastic fluids between eccentric cylinders”, Applied Mathematical Modeling, 35 (4), 1603-1615, 2011.
- P. Darabi, T. Li, K. Pougatch, M. Salcudean, and D. Grecov, “Modeling the evolution and rupture of stretching pendular liquid bridges”, Chemical Engineering Science, 65 (15), 4472-4487, 2010.
- S. Kundu, D.Grecov, A.Ogale and A. D. Rey, “Shear flow induced microstructure of a synthetic Mesophase Pitch”, Journal of Rheology, 53, 1, 85-113, 2009.
- J- R Clermont and D. Grecov, “A theoretical analysis of unsteady incompressible flows for time-dependent constitutive equations based on domain transformations”, International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, 44 (6), 709-715, 2009.