Professor and Associate Dean, Education and Professional Development
B.A.Sc. (University of British Columbia), M.A.Sc. (University of Waterloo), Ph.D. (University of Toronto), Fellow of ASME, Engineers Canada, Past NSERC Chair for Women in Science and Engineering, BC and Yukon (2010-2015)
|lab website:||Collaborative Advanced Robotics and Intelligent Systems Lab|
- Assistive Robotics
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Intelligent Robotic Systems
- Industrial Robotics
- Motion Planning
- Machine vision and sensor fusion for robot work-cell applications
Current Research Work
- Robotic assistants for manufacturing assembly and homecare.
- Collaborative human-robot lifting, handover, and turn-taking
- Robot Visual Servoing and lost target search.
- Modeling and identification of control of human balance through an immersive robotic platform
- Collaborative work includes rehabilitation robotics, medical robotics, haptics.
- M. K. Pan, J. McGrenere, E. A. Croft, and K. E. MacLean, “Exploring the Role of Haptic Feedback in Enabling Implicit HCI-Based Bookmarking,” 2014.
- J. W. Hart, B. Gleeson, M. Pan, Aj. Moon, K. MacLean, and E. Croft, “Gesture, Gaze, Touch, and Hesitation: Timing Cues for Collaborative Work,” 2014.
- Aj. Moon, D. M. Troniak, B. Gleeson, M. K. Pan, M. Zeng, B. A. Blumer, K. MacLean, and E. A. Croft, “Meet me where i’m gazing: how shared attention gaze affects human-robot handover timing,” in Proceedings of the 2014 ACM/IEEE international conference on Human-robot interaction, 2014, pp. 334–341.
- Aj. Moon, C. A. Parker, E. A. Croft, and H. M. Van der Loos, “Design and Impact of Hesitation Gestures during Human-Robot Resource Conflicts,” Journal of Human-Robot Interaction, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 18–40, 2013.
- E. A. Croft, P. Winkelman, A. Boisvert, and K. Patten, “Global Engineering Leadership–Design and Implementation of Local and International Service Learning Curriculum for Senior Engineering Students,” Proceedings of the Canadian Engineering Education Association, 2013.
- C. Mavriplis and E. Croft, “Leadership Development Programs for Women in Engineering Industry,” Proceedings of the Canadian Engineering Education Association, 2013.
- T. Shen, S. Radmard, A. Chan, E. A. Croft, and G. Chesi, “Motion planning from demonstrations and polynomial optimization for visual servoing applications,” in Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2013 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on, 2013, pp. 578–583.
- >A. Haddadi, E. A. Croft, B. T. Gleeson, K. MacLean, and J. Alcazar, “Analysis of task-based gestures in human-robot interaction,” in Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2013 IEEE International Conference on, 2013, pp. 2146–2152.
- S. Radmard and E. A. Croft, “Overcoming occlusions in semi-autonomous telepresence systems,” in Advanced Robotics (ICAR), 2013 16th International Conference on, 2013, pp. 1–6.
- W. P. Chan, C. A. Parker, H. M. Van der Loos, and E. A. Croft, “A human-inspired object handover controller,” The International Journal of Robotics Research, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 971–983, 2013.