Vision, Mission, and Goals
To be a world leader in, and renowned for, mechanical engineering and research.
To serve society through innovation and excellence in teaching and research.
Members of the department of Mechanical Engineering value:
- Professionalism and integrity.
- Scholarship and teaching excellence.
- Commitment to students.
- Partnerships and collegiality.
- Initiative, innovation and willingness to change.
- Community, the environment, and sustainability.
We hold these values as an integral frame of reference to inform our decisions and actions at every level and in every situation.
- To maintain a high standard of mechanical engineering education through outstanding teaching, innovative curricula, and research training that reflect the changing needs of society.
- To attract highly motivated students with enthusiasm, aptitude and interest in mechanical engineering.
- To pursue excellence in research and technology transfer.
- To recruit, retain, and develop the members of the Department.
- To increase the public awareness of Departmental activities and the Mechanical Engineering profession.